Interactive Support Engineer
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week, 9.30am – 6pm
Salary: depending on experience
Contract: Open Ended Permanent Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Gas Ferry Road Studio (some remote working initially)
The Interactive Support Engineer will work as an integral part of the Production Technology Department and will report to the Senior Support Engineer. They will be based at GFR. Responsible for the daily operational maintenance of Interactive department computer hardware for Aardman.
Role & Responsibilities:
• To ensure the Technical Infrastructure is maintained to the high standard required for the smooth running of productions
• To work as part of team on the development and running of those systems
• Ensure the technical infrastructure (system) meets demands for usage
• Monitor system usage
• To be involved in the introduction and testing of new and relevant technology to the department
• The maintenance of user accounts
• To ensure the security and accessibility of all data
• Development of full documentation for all computer systems and maintenance
• To openly exchange ideas, techniques and procedures to enhance the creative process throughout Aardman as required
• Support/Troubleshooting any routine problems, software and hardware
• Installation, maintenance, and upgrading of hardware and software
• Routine network monitoring, administration and maintenance
• Research, test and evaluate where necessary
• To work as an integral team member at all levels of the company and independently as required
Candidates will need excellent communication and problem solving skills; with the ability to prioritise and juggle multiple tasks.
You will need a good understanding of virtual machines and network infrastructures. Knowledge of software development processes is required as well as proven experience of Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
Please find a full role profile attached.
To apply for this position, please go to: https://www.thetalentmanager.com/tv-jobs/41818/interactive-support-engineer
Please confirm your salary expectations and availability in your cover letter. We will be reviewing applications for interview as they’re submitted. This advert closes at 5pm on Friday 30th July 2021
In November 2018, Aardman became an Employee Owned organisation, ensuring that the studio remains independent and securing the creative legacy and culture of the company for the future.
Aardman strives to be the most inspirational animation company in the world creating world class entertainment to a diverse and intergenerational global audience. We aim to lead the way in both our content and our professional principles, ensuring diversity and inclusion is inherent to the development and production of all our content – both on and off screen. Aardman is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals and are always happy to discuss flexible working needs.