Aardman Animations Limited (“we”, “us” or “Aardman”) with its registered office at Gas Ferry Road, Bristol, BS1 6UN collects and uses certain Personal Data (as defined below). We are responsible for ensuring that we use that Personal Data in compliance with data protection laws.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.aardman.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We do not attempt to collect Personal Data from children. If it becomes apparent to us that children do send Personal Data to us (contained in an email for example) the information is deleted but please note that we cannot always determine whether a user is a child.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data from you during your visit to the website:
• Personal Data you provide when reporting a problem with this website or requesting technical support;
• Personal Data you provide when submitting user generated content for our AardBoiled service;
• Personal Data you provide to us if you contact us for any other reason;
• details of your visits to this website including traffic data, location data and other communications data and the resources that you access; and
• information about your browser version, operating system and screen resolution.
Uses made of the information
Your Personal Data may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
• to encourage and allow you to participate in interactive features on our website, when you choose to do so;
• if you are a new user, to contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
• to understand your needs and interests;
• for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our website to ensure they are user friendly and to prevent any potential disruptions or cyber-attacks;
• to conduct analysis required to detect malicious data and understand how this may affect your IT system;
• for statistical monitoring and analysis of current attacks on devices and systems and for the on-going adaptions of the solutions provided to secure devices and systems against current attacks;
• for the management and administration of our business;
• in order to comply with and in order to assess compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and our internal policies and procedures; or
• for the administration and maintenance of databases storing Personal Data.
However we use Personal Data, we make sure that the usage complies with law and the law allows us to use Personal Data for a variety of reasons. These include:
• we need to do so in order to perform our contractual obligations with our customers;
• we have obtained your consent;
• we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
• we may need to do so in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings;
• the use of your Personal Data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as:
o allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of our business;
o maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures;
o monitoring the use of our copyrighted materials;
o enabling quick and easy access to information on our products and services;
o offering optimal, up-to-date security solutions for mobile devices and IT systems; and
o obtaining further knowledge of current threats to network security in order to update our security solutions and provide these to the market.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your Personal Data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your Personal Data with third parties as further described below:
• if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets for due diligence purposes.
• if Aardman or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aardman, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging Personal Data with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
The Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
• the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for Personal Data;
• the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your Personal Data;
• where the recipient is located in the US, it might be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme; or
• in other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your Personal Data when it is transferred outside Europe (including a copy of the standard data protection clauses which we have entered into with recipients of your Personal Data) by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
How we safeguard your information
We have extensive controls in place to maintain the security of our information and information systems. Customer files are protected with safeguards according to the sensitivity of the relevant information. Appropriate controls (such as restricted access) are placed on our computer systems. Physical access to areas where Personal Data is gathered, processed or stored is limited to authorised employees.
As a condition of employment, our employees are required to follow all applicable laws and regulations, including in relation to data protection law. Access to sensitive Personal Data is limited to those employees who need to it to perform their roles. Unauthorised use or disclosure of confidential client information by an employee of Aardman is prohibited and may result in disciplinary measures.
If you contact us about your file, you may be asked for some Personal Data. This type of safeguard is designed to ensure that only you, or someone authorised by you, has access to your file.
How long we keep your Personal Data
How long we will hold your Personal Data for will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
• the purpose for which we are using it (as further described in this policy) – we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
• legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your Personal Data.
In all the above cases in which we collect, use or store your Personal Data, you may have the following rights and, in most cases, you can exercise them free of charge. These rights include:
• the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you;
• the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Data if we have another legitimate reason for doing so. For example, we may need to retain Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation;
• in some circumstances, the right to receive some Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to Personal Data which you have provided directly to Aardman;
• the right to request that we rectify your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• the right to request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
• the right to object to, or request that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request; and
• the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at Aardman Animations Limited, Gas Ferry Road, Bristol, BS1 6UN or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you follow a link to another website (including any website operated by Aardman), different privacy policies may apply. You should read these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these website and agree that use of your Personal Data by those websites will be subject to those privacy policies.